Friday, June 6, 2008


Ok, so here's the official first "blog." Today, Gene was off (rare), so we just spent the entire day together as a family. The house is a disaster, and really needs attention, but that can wait. We slept late, and then got up, got dressed and met Gabby for breakfast at Cracker Barrel about 10:30. We had a wonderful meal, and great conversation and shopped just a little, but didn't buy anything.
Then, Gene and Kaitlyn had hair appointments with Valerie at noon, so we headed there. They got the royal treatment as usual, and Kaitlyn got all the attention she usually does. I ended up getting my hair cut too! It's way different, and really short, but it's easy, and Gene likes it, and that's all that matters anyway. After all, it's just hair, it'll grow back.
Let's see...then we came home, took a nap and got Kait dressed in her Easter dress. We took her down to Capital Park and took some pics for her 4 year old portraits. It was SUPER HOT, even at 6:30 pm! I had sweat in places I didn't even know I had! Lord have mercy!
Then we met Mike, Karen, and Hunter Wilkins at Los Tarascos for supper. Yummy! We had a blast. Laughed and laughed! Hunter is in the "girls are gross" phase (he's 7), and Kaitlyn wanted someone to talk to, play with, and most repulsively (according to Hunter), sit by. When it came time to pray and Hunter wouldn't, Kaitlyn volunteered. Well, we're all hand-holders, and so are they, but when Hunter realized that meant he was to hold Kait's hand, Oh Lord, it was hilarious! Anyway, Kaitlyn prayed, and it was really sweet. Dinner was great, and the fellowship was the best.
Then we went to Wal-Mart...what a boring life we lead when Friday night is spent at Wal-Mart. Just got a few things, mainly stuff for the bigger bathroom in the house. I'm taking it over. Don't know why it hasn't dawned on me before, but hey, I need the room!
Ok, that's enough for now. I'll try more later, but doubtful on tomorrow, gotta do the housework I skipped out on today! Hugs, love and prayers to all, Kelli.

My fav pic of Kait and Gene...the am after her birth...04/14/04

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow Sister!!! I am totally impressed!!! You did it all by yourself and even added a profile!!! Kudos to you!!! Love ya'll!!!

Katie said...

I'm not sure how many times you will receive this comment bc my computer was acting crazy!!! Anyway, Be sure to check out Griffies Grins and Giggles because I want you to have a little fun and do a couple of things there for me!!! Let me know how it goes and thanks!!!

Lynne Griffies said...

I just love how your blog turned out. It was fun sitting with Katie while she worked on it. I even made a few suggestions. This blogging 'thing' is just so much fun.

Nancy Hood said...

I love what Katie did for you!!! Is she awesome or what?! This blogging is addictive, so get ready!!!

Three plus Me said...

Way to go on your first blog! You did good! I found your blog from Lynne Griffies'. Hope you remember me for your time in Montgomery/Selma. I actually saw your sister-in-law not too long ago at Vaughn Park. Hope to keep in touch! Where are y'all now?

Rebecca said...

I found you guys through Julie's blog. I hope all of your families are doing well. I look forward to future posts.